Episode 123. And Now for Something Completely Different
- [00:01:14] Weekly commits report from Alex
- [00:04:23] Weekly issues report from Alexey
- proposal: Go 2: improve for-loop ergonomics
- proposal: Go 2: disallow imports of external packages in library packages
- language: Go 2: allow setting slice cap < len, prohibiting writes
- proposal: fmt: maps should format in sorted order
- cmd/go: add minimal support for vgo transition
- proposal: io: document Closer as an idempotent operation
- proposal: io: add OnceCloser helper
- x/tools/cmd/godoc: add support for hotlinks
- x/tools/cmd/godoc: create table of contents from headings in package overview
- [00:10:58] Main topics
Libraries and projects
Starts at [00:21:40].
- Linters Runner for Go. 5x faster than gometalinter.
- Pretty Print Data Structures
- Golang implementation of Pico face detection library
- TypeScript runtime on V8 in Go
Conferences and meetups
Starts at [00:25:34].
- Container Days — 18-20 June, Hamburg
- GopherConUK — 1-3 August, London
- GopherCon — 27-30 August, Denver
Interview with Florin Pățan about GopherCon Iceland
Starts at [00:27:43].
We are grateful to Roman Nekhoroshev, Aleksey Akulovich, Maxim Semochkin, Konstantin Veselkov and all our other patrons. You can support our podcast here (if you can read Russian :)).