Irish & Celtic Music #231
It’s a Thursday in November. That means it’s time for another great episode of Irish & Celtic music from Breabach, Bret Blackshear, Linda Relph/David Lovrien/Larry Fowler/Jed Marum, Beyond the Pale, George Papavgeris, Kennedy’s Kitchen, Celia Ramsay, Faerydae, Patrick Clifford, Sligo Rags, An Triur, Paisley Close, Searson, Ockham’s Razor, Emily Kellam.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Your active voting will help define the Top 20 songs of 2015 at the end of the year.
Today’s show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Do you love Celtic music? Want to see the Celtic nations? Want to learn the truth about King Arthur and the Holy Grail? Join your podcast host, Marc Gunn, in 2016 as I lead a Celtic Invasion of Cornwall. We will explore Celtic culture and Arthurian legends. There’s still room available and you can save money if you sign up before the end of October 2015. Subscribe to the mailing list and join the invasion at CelticInvasion.com
* Thanks to the Patrons of the Podcast. Your kind and generous support keeps this show running every week. Become a Patron. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Stuart and John
* I think I fixed the RSS feed problem. I should know after this show goes live. But if your podcatcher is not downloading the latest show, please email me email@example.com. Let me know what app you are using. I’ll help you get it back up and downloading.
* My new band, Kilted Kings, are performing this weekend at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival. Kilted Kings feature me on autoharp and vocals and Randy Wothke of The Rogues on percussion. We have three shows daily.
* I also released my second annual Celtic Halloween Music Special on YouTube. You can watch the performance for free on my website.
* Find out about Jed Marum’s «Calla’s Waltz» recording project.
* Join the Irish & Celtic Music Club on Facebook.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Email a written or audio comment at celticmusicpodcast.com to post a comment in the shownotes. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? Send me pictures of what you’re doing or picture of one of your travels to Ireland or Scotland.
This week: Bruce Jackson in El Salvador, John Pearson in Elmhurst, IL, and Jamie Eddy, a bagpiper from Alberta, Canada.
Remember too, when you buy through our affiliates at Amazon or iTunes, you support the artists AND the podcast.
This Week in Celtic Music
0:26 — «The Full Booner» by Breabach from The Big Spree
5:24 — «The White Cockade/Slipped Disc Reel» by Bret Blackshear from Fingers, Frets, and Fire
12:33 — «Fred Finn’s/Father Newman’s/Frank’s Reel» by Beyond the Pale from Queen of Skye
16:18 — «Circles in the Air» by George Papavgeris from Ordinary Heroes
21:13 — «The Barr of Chocolate/The Smashed Potatoes» by Kennedy’s Kitchen from The Birds Upon the Trees
26:42 — Celtic Music News
27:38 — «Ned of the Hill» by Celia Ramsay from Songs of My Father’s People
31:26 — «The Monighan/The Butterfly/Cooley’s Reel» by Faerydae from Changeling
36:08 — «The Shores of Botany Bay» by Patrick Clifford from American Wake
39:05 — «Gallowglass Lament» by Sligo Rags from Roll Me Down the Mountain
41:21 — Celtic Feedback
44:33 — «Blue Car» by An Triur from Three People
47:41 — «Green Island» by Paisley Close from All On A Day
51:35 — «Footstomp» by Searson from Live
53:39 — «The Auld Triangle» by Ockham’s Razor from Job’s Comforter
57:51 — «Come & Be Welcome» by Emily Kellam from Waves on the Shore
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.